Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Love at First Sight

It was a while before I actually saw Paris since it was so foggy when I landed, but once I got out and about with the rest of the group, I felt right at home. Prayers are being answered beyond anything I hoped for.

I'm sitting now in my little room in an apartment just a few blocks from where the Bastille once stood. In fact, I think this apartment was here when the Bastille fell. This is going to be the best semester ever: I have my own room, I take the metro to school which is only 3 days a week and never before 11, I live in a place that screams "18th century!!!!!" and oh yeah, I'm in Paris!

It's been a busy couple of days, and unfortunately I don't have time to write about everything since my battery is dying and my power adapters only support 2 prong cords. I hope to fix this problem soon. We saw most of the major sights from the Seine on our lovely river cruise, then visited the Louvre after a good night's rest. Notre Dame took my breathe away.



The Eiffel Tower looks different in person, at least to me. It looks bigger and sturdier. It's so beautiful seen from the Siene, in its odd sort of way.




The Mona Lisa is not as small as I've heard some people complain. I think she's smug because everybody comes to see her. How many other women enjoy that kind of popularity at her age? At any age?




There is so much more to tell but no more time! More pictures to come; I'm setting up a flickr account where I can upload everything. Maybe I'll be blogging more than once a week after all. We're about to have dinner with Mme Des Mazery, our lovely hostess. She doesn't speak that much English, whether by choice or ability I don't know. It's going to be an adventure, though!

No comments: